Position Title: CLASS™ Quality Coordinator
Position Status and Location: Regular Full Time, VECF’s Richmond Office
Reports to: Ready Regions Director
Brief job description: Provides strategic oversight and coordination of VECF’s efforts to build capacity of regional partners (Ready Regions) to support quality in early childhood care and education (ECCE) programs through the use of CLASS™, and support regions to effectively implement VQB5, Virginia’s unified quality measurement and improvement system.
Organization: The Virginia Early Childhood Foundation (VECF) is a statewide non-profit public-private partnership with the vision that every region in Virginia will ensure equitable opportunities for all families with young children to thrive. Its mission is to serve as the non-partisan steward of Virginia’s promise for early childhood success. In partnership with key state agencies, VECF builds capacity in its Ready Regions in strengthening their early childhood systems. The Foundation provides competitive grants and technical assistance to local early childhood initiatives formed to build capacity and infrastructure in local communities for delivery of high-quality early childhood programs.
Position Description: VECF seeks a self-directed and collaborative candidate to provide strategic oversight and management of VECF’s efforts to ensure Ready Regions partners are able to successfully implement VQB5 with emphasis on development of an effective, qualified bench of Classroom Assessment and Scoring System (CLASS) observers that reflect the diversity of the region.
Ready Regions, Virginia’s network charged with supporting increased access to quality ECCE opportunities across the Commonwealth, are responsible for coordination and integration of early childhood care and education (ECCE) services. Of relevance to this position, Ready Regions serve as entry point for ECCE participation in VQB5, Virginia’s unified quality measurement and improvement system.
A successful candidate will deliver VECF’s technical assistance to Ready Regions to strengthen classroom quality through implementation of VQB5, and collaborate to strengthen quality in Mixed Delivery, and other public/private state and regional early childhood initiatives and innovations managed and/or supported by VECF. The CLASS™ Quality Coordinator works closely with VECF, state, and regional teams, and must have a personal commitment to the Foundation’s vision that every child in Virginia will enter kindergarten healthy and ready to succeed in school and in life. This person works out of our conveniently located office in Richmond, Virginia and has professional development opportunities.
- Cast vision – Develop and collaborate on vision for Virginia’s continuous quality improvement and quality assurance strategies and practices for early childhood education programs and classrooms.
- Deliver technical assistance – to develop and improve the CLASS™ observer capacity of Ready Regions and other early childhood care and education partners.
- Manage and utilize data – Manage and assist with relevant data collection, synthesis, analysis, research/evaluation, and systems activities to support and inform state and regional quality improvement priorities.
- Identify opportunities – Discern where and for whom disparities exist, and identify and implement quality improvement processes, strategies, and interventions that increase opportunities for successful educators’ practice and children’s experience in early childhood classrooms.
- Build relationships – Manage relationships with relevant partners and vendors to support successful implementation of initiative activities.
- Consult across VECF – Advise on CLASS™ assessment and improvement strategies across all VECF’s efforts.
- Ensure accountability – Develop measures and processes to ensure regional partners are meeting funded, articulated quality-related responsibilities.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, related or specialty field, or equivalent expertise and experience
- Proven success (and 5+ plus years’ experience) in project management and working with a team and with adult learners
- Knowledge of early childhood systems and of Virginia’s Quality Measurement and Improvement Birth to 5 (VQB5)
- Robust experience with training, reliability, and/or trainer certification on the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS)
- Knowledge of early care and education quality standards and best practices including curriculum and assessment
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including experience with public speaking
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to meet strict timeframes
- Willingness to travel throughout Virginia with possibility of some overnights
- 10+ years in operations or similar field
- Masters in Early Childhood Education/Child Development/Human Services, related or specialty field
Position is salaried, commensurate with experience. Anticipated compensation package (combination of salary and benefits) is in the $90-105,000 range.
Interested applicants are encouraged to email email@example.com with cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references.
VECF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
VECF maintains a drug free workplace.
Download PDF of job listing.